Access statement for The Cottage Lodge New Forest Hotel
Our aim is to cater for all of our visitors needs, making them feel as relaxed and welcome as possible in our 16 bedroomed 16th century huntsman cottage. The following statement is a summary of our provisions.
- We have a website where guests can book online or by telephone.
- We are a 5 minute walk from the train station.
- We are on the main bus route with bus stop next to the Cottage Lodge.
- We are based in the centre of the New Forest.
- We ask for an arrival time so we are ready to greet guests and help anyway we can.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We greet guest as they arrive with complimentary tea or coffee.
- We ask if they need assistance.
- We have boards we place over the cattle grids for wheelchairs to exit the property.
- We book car park spaces for disabled guests.
- Car park is on level ground there are no steps.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Main entrance leads into the restaurant and the guests snug
- There is full wheelchair access into the property through the main door.
- Guests are welcomed to relax in the snug with tea or coffee and general information and facilities explained, and any special requirements taken from guests.
- Guest are escorted to their room through the snug were wheelchairs have easy access.
- Guide dogs are welcome.
- We have a dog friendly room as well as guide dogs in the disabled guest room
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Small snug for guests to use all day with honesty bar for evening socialising.
- Guest can have use of the Cottage Lodges phone if needed.
- Fully carpeted with short pile carpet
- Light corridors for partially sighted guests
Public Areas – WC
- Access to public toilet on ground floor for a unisex disabled facilities.
- The toilet is just off the snug room through a fire door. All areas flat and level
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- The restaurant is off the main door and is easy access for partially sighted or guests in wheelchairs.
- We reserved tables for wheelchair guests
- We have waitress served Breakfast
- Our full English Breakfast is all locally sourced.
- We accommodate all diets from vegetarians to allergy sufferers.
- All furniture is moveable.
- Wheelchairs can access the whole restaurant.
- We are happy to read out the menus for guests with visibility issues
- Not Available
- We are situated in the centre of the village all on flat land.
- The Train station is only 5 minute walk
- The local shops and amenities are just 2 minute walk.
- The local doctors surgery is round the corner.
- We have bus-stop outside for local buses.
- Because of the nature of the New Forest there are cattle grids on the entrance and exit to the building. Ramps are available to cross the grids on request
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- Not Available
New Forest Bedrooms
- Our disabled room is extra large and has room for wheelchairs to turn round.
- There is a king size bed which is high to aid people moving from wheelchairs into bed.
- There is a gap underneath the bed if equipment or a bedside table is required to be pushed into place.
- There is a fire escapes from this room.
- There is a sign for the guest to leave outside the door, should there be an evacuation help is needed.
- The flooring is bamboo in the bedroom easy for wheelchairs to move on.
- The television has a dvd player
- Carers can be placed in the bedroom across the hall, The Burley so they are nearby
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [En-suite]
- This bathroom is completely tiled. The floor has non slip tiles
- A chair can be placed under the shower as well as rails on the walls.
- Extra towels can be requested.
- Address: Sway Road, Brockenhurst, SO42 7SH
- Telephone: 01590 622 296
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.cottagelodge.co.uk
- Hours of operation: 8 am to 7.30 p.m out of hours phone available
- Emergency number: mobile phone for out of hours emergency 07851 430 480
- Local carers: Doctors surgery 01590 622 272
- Local public transport numbers: Wilts & Dorset 08457 090 899 South West Trains 08456 000 650
- Local accessible taxi numbers: 01590 679 792
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01590 622 296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.