Savour your New Forest Breakfast. All fresh produce comes from the Forest and travels the minimum number of food miles possible. It carries the official New Forest Marque to indicate quality and sustainability.
New Forest Breakfast
Enjoy breakfast in the hotel from 7.45am to 10am. Before 7.45am we offer a continental breakfast, which we put it into your room in a fridge the previous night. Please request continental breakfast by 7.30pm the night before.
Special dietary requirements
Your hotel breakfast menu also caters for people with special dietary requirements. We serve Cauldrons sausages for those who choose a vegetarian breakfast. There’s also gluten-free bread and soya milk, if required.
What’s for breakfast?
Cottage Lodge hotel breakfast menu includes:
- Cereals, natural yoghurt, fresh fruit
- Orange and apple Juices
- Filter coffee & decaffeinated coffee
- Teas & infusions: English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Fresh Peppermint, green tea, decaffeinated tea
- Soya Milk
- Brown and white bread; Danish pastries
- Gluten-free Bread
- Free range eggs: produced by Clayton’s New Forest eggs
- Local field mushroom: cultivated by Merry Orchard, Cowsfield.
- Tomato: in season grown by Turvills, Pennington. (Out of season – Isle of Wight)
- Sausage: made by Owls Barn, Sopley, from pigs reared in the forest.
- Gluten-free sausage: also made by Owls Barn
- Vegetarian sausages
- Streaky bacon: dry cured at Owls Barn, Sopley using an organic process.
- Back bacon: prepared by Ringwood Piggeries, Somerley, Ringwood
- Local field mushrooms
- Eggs Benedict
- Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
- Small stack of dropped pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries
Guests often ask where they can buy the sausages to take home. The sausages and all the other ingredients in the New Forest Breakfast can be bought from: Owls Barn Organic Farm Shop, Sopley, Christchurch, BH23 7AZ Tel: 01425 672239.