Safety & Wellbeing
As you know, many of the remaining Covid-19 restrictions in England are due to be lifted from Monday 19th July. However, we wish to explain why we will continue to maintain social distancing throughout the Cottage Lodge and as of July 19th, 2021, the team will continue to wear masks in confined spaces and within breathing distance of guests, which means all staff will wear masks indoors. We have loved welcoming you back and as a smaller, cosy hotel, we would encourage our guests to also wear masks in confined spaces and respect others personal space. Although this is not mandatory at Cottage Lodge and it is left to personal choice, we would like to ask your help to keep our small business running and enable us to keep offering you the welcoming, comfortable, relaxing and safe breaks that we are known for. High standards of cleanliness and great service has always been our practice, but in these times of uncertainty we are ensuring we do our very best by following strict guidelines and applying extra sanitising and Covid secure measures to our daily duties.
From Monday 19th July
CARING FOR ALL & PROTECTING OUR SMALL BUSINESS
Looking after you, your family and our team is our priority; therefore, we are maintaining the following practices to remain open and we greatly appreciate your assistance;
Guests are asked to please avoid travelling to us if they or any family members have been unwell or have any symptoms, or advised not to travel. Please reschedule your booking with us.
Guests are asked to please download the Covid-19 app to scan in on arrival. (If your phone does not support this app, a manual track & trace option will be offered to you.)
- We will ask you to book an allocated time slot for check in so as to avoid too many guests arriving at once and enable us to check you in efficiently and follow safety guidelines. A personalised car parking bay will also be arranged for your vehicle. Please park carefully and leave luggage in your car until you have your room keys.
- We will kindly ask to take your temperature on arrival at the hotel. Should you show signs of high temperature, we are sorry but we will have to ask you to leave the hotel.
- We will ask you to make use hand sanitiser provided around the hotel
- At this time we will prefer to accept credit/debit cards/ ApplePay. However cash will still be accepted. Please note full payment for your stay will be taken on arrival (rather than check out) as we adapt to the current situation.
- We encourage all guests over the age of 11 to continue to support us by wearing a face covering in all public areas of the hotel. As we are a smaller property with confined spaces and your safety and that of our team is our foremost priority. (These can of course be removed once sat to dine and of course in the comfort of the bedrooms)
- We kindly ask that all guests are courteous and respect other guests and our team as we try to operate safely at this time.
- We will continue to limit numbers of guests at the same time for breakfast and at dinner in White Tails Restaurant by asking you to book in and adhere to specific timings. This will help us to ensure social distancing is observed and allow us time to clean after guests efficiently.
- Breakfasts are managed by pre booking a time slot at check in.
- At check in we will ask you to assist us with a Continental breakfast pre order in replacement of our buffet to allow us to efficiently manage all our guests in house.
- A sanitised table will be allocated for you at breakfast and our team will look after you and serve your pre ordered Continental breakfast and take your order for your freshly cooked breakfast each morning.
- Please be advised that due to its size we regret our Snug Bar will not be available as a lounge and communal area for more then two parties at the same time.
- We will also ask our guests to sanitise hands before taking anything from the honesty bar.
PPE and SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Hand sanitiser will be available for guests to use within the hotel areas. We kindly ask you to make use of it every time you enter the hotel.
- We ask that all guests respect social distancing when in the public areas of the hotel. Keeping 1m+ apart to protect other guests and our team.
- We actively encourage you to help protect our small business and continue to wear a face covering in cosier parts of the hotel.
- Our team will wear masks in all public areas when inside the hotel.
- Our team will respect social distancing.
- Our team will be tested twice weekly to give added reassurance to all.