Supporting local suppliers: we buy local
We are proud to support our local suppliers and economy by purchasing local produce from the immediate vicinity in the New Forest and the local Hampshire County businesses. Supporting local suppliers means reducing carbon-emission by transport. This is our mission: to become the first eco-friendly hotel within the New Forest.
At Cottage Lodge we buy local
We choose to buy local so that our guests can enjoy an authentic local product during their stays and can also take a little bit of the New Forest home with them by providing items that can be bought at the Cottage Lodge directly. These items include jams, marmalades, shortbread, ales, ciders, wines and apple juice. Soon we hope to sell our local toiletries too!
We source many items directly from our local village including bacon and sausages from the butchers, vegetables and fruit from the grocers and our guest room toiletries. Bread, cakes craft ales, free range farm eggs, wine, jams and marmalades are also sourced from small and independent local businesses. Shortbread, apple juice and cider are delivered from the nearby village of Burley, from their local artisan producers. *Some of these suppliers carry the prestigious New Forest Marque of excellence denoting their work as local as in grown, reared, brewed, caught or made within the New Forest and of course ensures that produce is sourced sustainably, supporting our eco policy of reducing carbon emissions from deliveries.
- *New Forest Aromatics – Brockenhurst
- Village Butcher – Brockenhurst
- The Bakehouse – Brockenhurst
- *Pig Beer – Brockenhurst
- Corbins Florist – Brockenhurst
- *Marlings Vineyard – Sway
- Berry’s cakes – Lymington
- *New Forest Shortbread from Tracy Thew – Burley
- *Claytons free range eggs from Romsey
- *New Forest Bees Products (honey, jams & marmalades) – Totton
- Elegant Wines – Romsey
- New Forest cider & apple juice – Burley
- Organic Clipper Teas – Dorset